EXPEDITION
K2
GALLERY
PROTAGONISTS
NEWS
SPONSORS
SCOIATTOLI CORTINA
Expedition news
Timeline 1954
Weather forecast
PORTFOLIO
NOVEMBER
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
21-07-2004
Wind increases: the weather isn't improving on K2
While festivities are underway for Stefano Dibono's birthday, the moment for the first true summit bid is fast approaching. If you analyse the K2 summit statistics. But nothing is certain at 8000m.
Wednesday 21 July, Base Camp K2
These are important and difficult days for the Scoiattoli. The weather isn't improving, rather, the latest forecast suggests that the wind will increase, and although it won't snow much, visibility is poor. Plans for the first group to attempt the summit tomorrow, 22 July, have therefore been abandoned.

A month has passed since our arrival at BC and we've only had 6 days of good weather. Despite this all has gone according to plans: with the great help og the high altitude porters we've established the 4 Camps and managed to acclimatise properly. We're ready for a summit bid, as soon as we get the chance.

We've only got two weeks left, but this is the world of the 8000m peaks. we'll wait, faithfully"

A big hug from all of us

Giuseppe Ghedina


Photo: Panorama from ABC at the foot of K2 (ph Giuseppe Ghedina).

Portfolio "Trekking approach"
Portfolio "Ascent"



NEWS
03-08-2004
The Scoiattoli return home
31-07-2004
Preparations are underway to leave K2 BC
30-07-2004
Brief comments, times and photos about the 6 Scoiattoli who reached he summit of K2
30-07-2004
Mario Lacedelli and Luciano Zardini at Base Camp!
29-07-2004
Mario Lacedelli and Luciano Zardini at Camp 2
WEATHER
27-07-2004
A weak ridge is situated over Afghanistan. It may at times affect the K2-area during the first days giving only risk of occasional showers. Then it seems to become more unsettled with frequent showers due to lows over Kashmir and Tibet.

powered by Mountain Network